In 1917, Machinefactory and Shipyard B. was built. The company did the assembly of shipsthat were prefabricated in the US. Later, they became a major player in the development of tugs, barges and coasters. By 1949, they were wellknown and a new factory was built. The old one later was demolished.
Up to the year 2000 they produced almost a 1000 ships. At their top, more than 750 people worked there.
In 2000, the factory had to close due to a lack of orders.
It has been abandoned for a long time.
Today the building is used for exhibition of art.